Old 04-29-07, 11:21 PM
Crickette

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, Blue Order

Originally Posted by Blue Order
What was the brand? I have friends in Serbia, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to track one down if you really, really wanted the exact same bike, and were willing to pay what are probably costly shipping charges.

Otherwise, you can find a lightweight mixte, possibly even in a fixed gear conversion, in this country. Look for one made of cromoly, that will be what makes it lightweight.
Hi, Blue Order. Serbia huh? I have friends in Macedonia. But true, I would not want to pay the shipping and I have no military friends who would pack it back stateside for me.

Well, like I told you - it was already an older bike and someone along the way had peeled off the brand label --- it was a metal plate on the frame that told me "Made in Yugoslavia". Hmmm.. now that I think about it, if what I recall was a label in ENGLISH, it must have been an import. Looked just like a regular traditional Schwinn - upright handle bars, fenders. You would never think twice about it til you picked it up in one hand and raised it to your shoulder...

Cromoly. So that's how they did it. All I know (now) is that I had a gem that I picked up for a song.

Thank you for helping the newbie!

Crickette