View Single Post
Old 04-30-07, 07:17 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Seems that you have a very rapidly developing variety of the disease that affects many of us. Aluminum to steel to unobtanium road bikes in less than 6 months. That may be some kind of record!

Normally I would make an arguement for keeping the old bikes, but in this case I think selling them off is a good idea. You need to make room for more variety in your stable. Now you have a basic MTB and a fairly high end road bike. Now you need to get a beater / around town bike. The Sirrus might be a candidate for that role or you may want to get an old steel MTB and roadify it. You may want a touring bike. There is also a whole range of varieties of mountain bikes. You could go for a full suspension model if you are into fast rides on rough trails. Or if you are more into casual offroading, you may want the kind of bike that has my fantasy interest these days, a rigid, steel, single-speed 29er.