View Single Post
Old 04-30-07, 08:01 PM
doctor j

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Topeak Customer Service

Last Monday, I managed to break the mounting bracket on my old Mountain Morph frame pump. The bracket is configured somewhat like a radiator hose clamp with a small platform. A matching part on the pump slides into the platform with and clicks into place. This mounting system worked well for a long time until I broke the hose clamp assembly. Also, for what it's worth, the Mountain Morph does well with either schraders or prestas and will get 120 psi in my 700 x 25's.

I got on the internet and created an "account" with Topeak and submitted a "ticket" in which I asked if the hose clamp assembly was still available. I received an e-mail the next day from a fellow by the name of Nick, who said that a new bracket is on the way.

In today's post, I received not only a new style bracket but also a new hose and connector and the innards for the presta/schrader connector.

This is superior customer service!!

Quite frankly, I wasn't expecting much by submitting a "ticket" via e-mail, based on experience at work of submitting "tickets" to the IT group.

I am pleasantly surprised and duly impressed!

John