View Single Post
Old 03-30-04, 06:26 PM
Baz
pedalphile

Bikes: For dirt: Brodie Climbmax. For touring: IF Independance. For Commuting: Reflecto-Fixie.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy from Cowtown, Alberta.

Hi Everybody,

I came across the forum a few weeks ago when I was googling for advice on touring bikes. I was very pleasantly surprised when I started reading a few of the threads and found a community of intelligent and well spoken bike lovers. So now I'm hooked.

About me:
I'm 23 years old and just finished an Engineering degree at the University of Calgary (where I was the founding president of the U of C Bike Club). I really like bikes, although I don't consider myself hardcore in any way. For all of my high school and university years I commuted weekdays and rode weekends on an el-cheapo, then a Brodie Torque, then a Brodie Climbmax. I've typically ridden mostly cross-country dirt, a bit of urban, and some touring in the rockies. It has always been a struggle on a student's budget to replace the parts I break, but now that I've graduated I've got enough cash to put together my dream bike; - A custom built steel touring bike - (I'm so excited).

I'm getting an Independant Fabrication Steel Independence: (http://64.227.152.248/frames2/steelindependence.shtml). Take a look. Isn't it beautiful.

I'm picking out the parts as we speak

The frame should be done in fiveish weeks. You all can expect pictures.

I'm glad to have joined a community where others will understand my excitement over this momentus occasion!

P.S. If you want to know what I'll be picking for parts, I'd be happy to post. Or, if you have any suggestions about parts, let me know.