Old 05-01-07, 10:10 AM
howsteepisit

Bikes: Canyon Endurace SLX 8Di2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 14 Posts
Hi Dan in Pas. I am a fairly recent return to cycling, Oh I'd ride some now and then but nothing serious at all until the last couple of years. Previously, years ago i rode a lot, and always on the streets. Then the less I rode the more afraid of traffic I became. Yep, the streets can be dangerous. And the more I ride the less actually afraid of traffic I become. I do take precautions though, and avoid busy streets as much as possible, and head for the country roads and scenic byways. I know that's hard down in Pasadena. But that's one of the reasons my wife and I up and moved from South Orange County, CA to Montana! BTW, I mostly ride alone so I can go slow at my pace. My advise, ride lots. The more you ride the more comfortable you will become. Don't let the actions of one old fools stop you from something you love. avoid Bike paths, as they are perpetually clogged with walkers, joggers and skaters, who are even more unpredictable than cars! Do try to use the longer bike paths along the rivers down there though, I had some very nice rides down in the Long Beach Area along the river there.