View Single Post
Old 05-02-07, 06:27 AM
ruck

Bikes: Giant OCR A1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow its been three years since I did the Florida century(Bill Bones Cyclefest maybe?) with TNT. We had to raise $3500 which isn't a small chunk change to raise. Now that I am no longer a student I'm thinking next year of getting back with them and just writing a check, it'll wipe out a huge chunk of my charity fund for the year, but thats what the charity fund is for. If you want to get the most out of it make sure you live close to the area that group will be based out of. I lived an hour away and only made it for 2 rides, while I got plenty of riding in on my own time I feel like I missed out on something. Additionally be prepared for all types, my group consisted of a guy who raced recreationally (cat 5 maybe) a 50 yr old guy on $3000 bike, a couple of moms on entry level road bikes, and myself (rocking the beatup 6 year old trek mountain/hybrid, which by the way made me really appreciate the road bike I bought this year). Its a blast I can't recommend it enough, but make sure you have an idea of where you are going to get the funding from.