Old 05-02-07, 08:57 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
Could be more specific? What exactly doesn't apply in your area. I'm 3000 miles away, living in the northeast right outside Philadelphia, an area that most people would say is about as different from California as it gets. The vast majority of what HH and JF has to say applies to me, and the includes riding in areas other than my home town. I can't imagine what makes your area so special.
For one in my area BL's or MUP's do not reduce the amount of bicycle traffic on the roadways. In our area the BL's are not marked by a painted line it is a wider roadway with more of a shoulder then anywthing. The existing established bike routes are marked as shared roadways. The BL's offer an alternative if people want to use them. If people want to ride legally on the roadways they can. In fact there are more non-cycling traffic on the MUP's then those on bikes. But the amount of MUP's or roadways with wide enough shoulders to allow both a car & a cyclist abreast with enough room between the 2 for safe passing has nothing to do with a reduction of cyclists on the other roadways.