View Single Post
Old 05-03-07, 10:05 AM
JRA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sggoodri
These photos were taken in central NC by myself and Wayne Pein. All of the cylists arre operating according to vehicular rules, on ordinary roadways without segregated bicycle facilities. They seem to be enjoying themselves.
Which proves absolutely nothing, sggoodri. Cyclists were operating according to the vehicular rules of the road long before John Forester wrote a book and spawned an ideology and political movement based on his unsubstaniated and absurd social and psychological pontifications.

You could post pictures of Emil Zatopek catching javelins but it wouldn't prove that javelin catching is the safer than javelin throwing.

We all do want the same things. And, yes, the reason we're still arguing about white paint is because of the Foresterites and the taboo against white lines (among other things) the Foresterites have worked so hard to create in the cycling community. It's honestly one of the silliest things I've seen in my life (and I've seen some silly stuff).

You obviously have a lot of good sense, sggoodri. I don't envy you trying to put a positive spin on some of the more absurd aspects of VC-ist dogma (you do a pretty good job, though, under very difficult circumstances).