Old 05-03-07, 05:17 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by justintime8425
I recently purchased a track bike, and tonight i went out to the track for the races to see what everyones riding, and to hang out with a few friends. Everyone there was in the full on spandex cycling gear. Team jerseys and all. My problem is i'm about 5"8 and 225lbs. All my weight is in my stomach, and theres no way in hell i can squeeze into one of those jerseys. What does everyone wear on the road or track that will be comfortable and still get some respect from the spandex club.

Thanks. J
At the track, if your on a team, your pretty much expected to wear the team uniform, and it's up to team management to make sure the uniform is available in all sizes, needed for team members. If your NOT on a team, but everyone else is wearing the spandex stuff, then your probably best to match, it's like at an office, if everyone else is wearing a tie, your likely to wear a tie, if no one is wearing a tie, your likely to leave the choker at home....

One thing to remember running jerseys tend to look like bike jerseys, but without the rear pocket, and may have a greater size range, others have given places where you can get shorts. What I think is tacky, is to wear a team uniform, when your not a member of that team.....

For road riding, wear whatever you want, I usually wear a wicking running jersey on top, and regular shorts or pants over bike shorts.... I layer up when it's colder out, I tend to switch to walking and hiking when it's winter, to many bike eating snow removal chemicals are being used.