ngateguy
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris L
That depends where the place the crosswalk button, and indeed whether that is functional. A non-functional crosswalk button is not beyond the realms of possibility. Personally I'd rather rely on the law that allows me to proceed through a faulty set of traffic lights once I have complied with the spirit of the law and ensured that no crashes will result.

That depends on your definition of personal responsibility and integrity. If I may quote you from a couple of posts ago:

If you're complying with the law because of how you think others will perceive you, this is not an example of personal integrity by any means. Essentially it means that as soon as you set foot in this part of the world, you would start breaking the law left, right and centre simply because that is what would earn you "respect" from the people who live here (I know). In fact, you'd quit cycling outright as Queensland is the place that basically invented bigotry. Tell me, should people have to change their way of life just to suit what a few bigots think? This is hardly a case of personal integrity.

If, on the other hand, you're doing as I do, and complying with the spirit of the law because it is a safer option for both yourself and those around you (i.e. yeilding where you're supposed to, but being realistic if it's 4.30am and there's no traffic to impede on that red light in front of you), then it becomes a case of personal integrity.

What I want to know is this. In view of the above quote -- which situation are you referring to?
No Chris there is no question about what I mean by personal responsibility and intergity and all you chose tyo bring up is excetions to the rule and something completly out of context. But we have been down this road before haven't we?