Old 05-05-07, 01:06 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Peterpan1
I would ditch the poles and take the tent. I doubt you need a pair of poles in that kind of terrain. it's not a gasp up McKinley. A single walking stick is great and can be picked up along the way. I doubt you will find the trip bug-free though it can happen in May. It's usually right at the worst. Tent is good, and if you find you have lots of room for the other stuff, then you can take it if you wish.

A trailer is a less efficient way to carry marginal weight. It's not as though because you have a trailer you can load stuff on with impunity. It's arguable that a trailer is a better method of carrying a load than paniers, but it's not arguable its a more efficient method per marginal pound, or we might as well all switch to low pressure tiny cheap wheels.
IOt is a better way though, when you are pulling the gear for two riders. The wife rides a delta trike and I have yet to find a good system to load gear on it.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant