Old 05-05-07, 08:55 PM
Curiouswill

Bikes: trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Look for a good quality used Kid trailer as an entry trailer.....

I picked one up for $50 and it was only used 3 or 4 times when I got it.

A Burley cargo trailer also would be good or a BOB trailer. (Actually, these would be the better option, but more expensive, even used!)
Yeah I'm considering this option. 1 question though, would I have to upgrade the trailer wheel to be able to hold more weight or what? For my (theoretical) style of camping (extremely minimalistic) 1 trailer should be enough to store most of my stuffs (guessing) beside foodstuffs. and I already have a pannier that I've been using quite a bit (perfect size for 2 bottle of 1 gal of milks (the gas station nearby sells it pretty cheap when I buy it in 2)). I'm going to look into a DIY route with making my own set of touring pannier, looks like there are alot of DIY info. I wonder if there is 1 or somebody would like to set up a DIY sticky thread where they would post links to various sort of info about DIY project and threads? (Looking for this in case I've missed it)

I saw a BOB trailer for sale at the LBS that I go to, I think that it was around $300 defidently not what I can afford but if I could find a used one cheap Great! cause I rather like the design better than the 2 wheeled version.

P.S. in case some of y'all thinks that I'm over-reaching in the minimalistic department. I think that I've already been living minimally for quite a while and actually enjoy it. the main differences between my home minimalistic living and camping living would be mostly in the cooking equipment and materials. I'm actually trying to sell off my computer, all of my furniture (beside an exercise bench), and ALL excess stuffs that I have in the few boxes in my closet. I've been really getting into this kind of mind-frame in the last few months and are starting to get tired of the computer (still love the internet and a free oldie laptop from a step-sister with a Ubuntu CD should helps with the internet/journal/basic thing) and the furnitures cause they feel excessive to me. I've managed to sell my TV and book shelf a few weeks ago, I saw a immediate improvement with my space management (allowed me to rotate my desk around against the wall) and time management (less TV to transform me into a couch potato).