patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrPete
Pcad, considering all that's been going on, I think the cycling gods will be awarding you 100 "Tom Poonen Belgian Hard-Guy" points for racing in this TT. Hard core, man. Your prize is an autographed pair of Tom's bibs from Paris-Roubaix and a basket of Greg LeMond's favorite peaches.

Who is 'Tom Poonen'?

That sounds mildly obscene and inappropriate for a family show like BF.

I plugged Prevacid because I was so astonished @ how effective it was for me. I really did feel 80-90% of normal by Sat. AM. If you had told me that I would have improved that much on Wednesday I never would have thought it possible. It was wonderful because it went from a potential major disappointment (at not being able to ride the TT) to one of the most pleasant bike racing experiences I've ever had within about 72 hours.

One thing that struck me was this: the largest fields @ this event were the 4's followed closely by the 45+. Plenty of 55+ riders too. So I'll be whining about bike racing over here for years to come. You have that to look forward to.

If anyone thinks I'm joking about the training for the 2008 event starting this morning they would be

Incorrect.

Last edited by patentcad; 05-06-07 at 04:13 AM.