Old 05-07-07, 09:10 AM
Vinokurtov
Now Racer Ex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
Sorry to hear you got banged up and some of your gear is trashed. BUT, I'd be remiss if I didnt ask what someone with a 248% Cat-2-O-Meter is doing in a Cat 3/4 crit. My man, ya probably shouldnt have been there in the 1st place.
I entered the race so I could ride with my Cat 4 friend who drove us down, and a couple of Cat 3 teammates. I did the 45 open which was the race prior, the 3/4 was back to back with my first race so it was going to be a training ride (I also raced hard Saturday), nothing more, hence my pulling over and not contesting the final lap. I was actually coasting down in the parking lane that was blocked by the officials scoring stand when I got hit.

Bike looks surprisingly good, the impact sheared the front tire off the rim (tubulars), but other than some bar tape scuff it appears to have ridden it's rider to a stop for the most part. I took the brunt of the impact. Skin suit is trashed, I'm pretty battered, managed a few hours sleep last night and might see what a ride feels like today. I've got 3 weeks until Mt. Hood, I entered the 3's earlier in the year when the meter was at zero, I figured I'd upgrade after that.

Been a hard week. I had to put my 11 year old lab down on Thursday. I was hoping that racing would take my mind off things.