View Single Post
Old 05-08-07, 04:11 AM
Fear&Trembling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A slightly bizarre page, lumping together brands and bikes randomly and based too often on utterly muddleheaded and baseless opinion.
A to B is an eccentric/opionated publication and that is why I still subscribe. However, the brief reviews and star-rating system are pretty meaningless without knowing their judging criteria - which is ostensibly multi-modal focussed, and with a peculiar/tangental interest in roll-down speeds.

The three star rating for the Airframe confirms that its not really a list to be taken seriously.
But this is part of the problem - the newer Airframe was a considerable improvement on the older version and I much preferred riding it to a Strida - but so what, opinions are like..... everyone has one, etc etc

In the end, the list says more about AtoB than it does about the bikes that it rates.
Of course it does!

Its neither a great magazine nor a useful resource. You'd be better trawling the archives of BikeForums and subscribing to the totally wonderful Velovision magazine www.velovision.co.uk .
I think it is a useful resource and am happy to agree to disagree with you on this. However, I remember when finding info about folding bikes was a real problem (generic folding bike forums have not been around for that long). FWIW, I always found the letters page the most intersesting part of A to B magazine - which proabably tells you quite a lot.

You can trawl through Bikeforums, but you will also get a lot of contradictory and partisan advice here too...

Agree about Velovison.

Last edited by Fear&Trembling; 05-08-07 at 05:50 AM.