View Single Post
Old 05-08-07, 12:49 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not that I use the facility but trying to get a bike booked in for work at my LBS can take up to two weeks. They are that busy. But you book a bike in and they take most bikes in on Saturdays as that is the day that most people can drop them off. They rarely let people down but if you say you want the bike back by Tuesday and don't collect it till 3 weeks later- they get annoyed.

I have them retrue and tension my wheels and last time I did it- I dropped them off on a Thursday and I got the phone call on Friday. Two bearing on the rear wheel needed replacing and new pawls required in the Hope Freehub. Do I want to go ahead at £50? and as two bearings had gone- that price includes the other two bearing aswell. I was there at 10 am on saturday and picked them up. Along with plenty of other people picking up their bikes.

They carry a large range of spares but my Tandem does often take things out of the ordinary. I needed a new set of Front rings last year and for My crankset they gave me a choice. Blackburn rings- which are top grade and what I like to use but the outer ring would be in blue- Or they could order one in silver, be in next wednesday- Or for the same price I could have genuine shimano rings that are not as good but that is what everyone wants. I took the Blue one. Same on The Expensive lamp I wanted last year. Be in Tuesday. And it was.

My LBS is struggling up against the Big Bike stores. I do not know how long they will stay in business but for me they are perfect. They carry the stock I want- If they don't have it- it will be in the following week-OR they carry alternatives. And that has been the case for everyone that I have recommended them to.

I must be just plain lucky. Or it is a shop that others should model themselves on.

Spike Milligan