Fleet
WWE Champion

Bikes: 1988 REI Special BananaBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What Type Of Bike

Hello Everybody. It's been a while since I've been on this site. This particular subforum wasn't around back then. Good to see its here. As a Clyde, I'm looking for a new bike. My current one is on its last legs, and it served me well for 20 years.

A lot has changed since I purchased that one. There are many types of bikes out there. Hybrids, Road, Mountain, Comfort, etc.

I ride on the streets nearly ALL of the time. Possibly a light light trail once in a blue moon. I ride for fitness. My current bike is a mountain bike with slick tires on it. That was what was pushed on me for holding my weight at the time.

I'm still a clyde, and can't decide what type of bike to purchase. Not specific models, but type. I walk into the local shop, and tell my story, and the salesperson asks how much I want to spend. Once I tell him, he points out a Hybrid, a Road, a Mountain, and a Comfort bike all at that price range and tells me they're all good. Well, great! Which do you recommend for a man of my stature? "They're all good."

Once I figure out if I want a hybrid, road, mountain, or comfort bike, then I can start comparing models. But right now its too overwhelming. I only buy a bike every 20 years, so I want to pick the right type at least.

What type would you recommend for a Clyde (6'5", 280) who rides on the streets for fitness / potential weight loss? No commuting or racing or mudding.

Thanks for your help!