View Single Post
Old 05-09-07, 11:42 PM
wildturkey

Bikes: Sam Hillborne, Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, I've been obsessing about pedals... glad to see this thread. I have several bikes, and for me it's a no-brainer to have clipless on my road bike, but I just can't decide which to have on my fixed gear. I started with MKS pedals/clips/leather straps, but then my feet would go numb on longer rides and I decided that clipless are just superior (which they are, except they suck for walking around and I hate carrying extra shoes around to change), so I got some Crank bros Candy SLs, which I love, but then wanted to have a wider platform for short rides a few blocks away, so I got some Crank Brother Mallet C pedals that I could use for that, which I got sick of since they aren't great for either (clipless or regular shoes)... and now I'm back to clips and straps. But then my leather strap kept slipping under hard skids, so I got nylon straps, but then they aren't perfect either, so maybe I'll go with double straps (or homemade ones like Fugazi Dave), or Blah blah blah blah blah blah....