Old 05-10-07, 07:08 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
I am a bit like Neal in that I have too many bikes...last count was 26...but I think a few may have bred since then I am going to list a few of my favorites.

The crown jewel of my collection is a 1972 Raleigh Superbe. It has always been my dream bike and a fellow BF member was gracious enough to sell me one he had in my size. It rides like it was built, very solid and steady, and always ready to ride. Second bike to get grabbed and ridden is my 200? Staiger it is a Aluminum framed German commuter bike. The riding position is very similar to the Raleigh, it is the bike of choice for grocery store runs and the like. It will most likely get an xtracycle upgrade later this year. Third bike in the grab and ride category is my 2006 Redline 9.2.5 it is normally kept in fixie mode, it is usually the one I grab for a quick weekend ride in town. Fourth is my 1968 Raleigh Compact RSW folder that I take on the road with me for a quick ride around the motel area, it is a spastic little bike but still fun to ride. I plan on getting a Brompton sometime in the future. For more on the bike collection...

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon