View Single Post
Old 05-10-07, 11:15 PM
RC_spinner

Bikes: 90's Fuji, bought off ebay, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
honestly, I didnt see that but now that I have read it in full, it makes no sense, If the bill is out of the Senate and Brimer's amemdment is included, then why not e-mail/call/write him and let him know that you think his position is wrong and he should reconsider? And if you support him let him know that as well.

Look, the guy said that cyclists "DONT BELONG" on two lane /no shoulder roads. When a public figure is quoted saying as much in at least one major paper in Texas and probably others, and he uses opinion rather than fact to create law, those actions are reckless and could get another cyclist killed when someone has a bad day and they are driving down some Farm to Market road, they come up on a cyclist on a ride and cut it too close and clip him/her or cause a nervous reaction from said rider and serious injury occurs.

As the OP states, the bill as stated even with said amendment doesnt imply or ordain any less right to a two lane shoulderless road, but Mr Brimers comments come across as and are in fact ANTI CYCLING and ANTI CYCLIST, and they overshadow the spirit of the bill. FYI I had a coworker who read the article before me come to me and agree with his comments and how ticked off he is when he has to go here and there and a cyclist is " acting like its the Tour de France" and he sometimes tries to get as close a s possible when passing.
I just think the guy should be called to the carpet for his words.

Chris