View Single Post
Old 04-09-04, 03:54 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crustedfish
Im thinking about giving the Ides Ride a shot...Chicago to Milwaukee, about 100 miles, with sag vehicles.

I have 30 days to train for a century. Can someone point me in the right direction? For instance, is there a rule of thumb, where, if, you ride 25 miles a day, 5 days per week, you can ride 100 miles in one day????

The most mileage ive completed in one day is around 30 miles. Im 25, pretty fit, healthy, dont smoke, blah blah blah....

thanks,

randy

I,ve been training for a 100mile offroad for10 months. Ever since I did the last one, and it is two months before I do the one I am training for.

You will not know if you can do one until you have done it. Enter now, but take a couple of extralong rides each week. If you can do 40 miles now, and still feel refreshed at the end you will be ok.

Couple of tips for the ride though. Uphill will be the only place you will use energy, so don't race them, take them sensibly, and push on the flat and downhill. Carbo load before the event, in fact start now. On the day drink water, and then a bit more water, and then a lot more water. At least 1 litre per hour. You may have to stop for the loo, but I can assure you that this works

Go out and enjoy yourself, remember, it is not a race, it is just a couple of long rides, strung back to back.