View Single Post
Old 05-14-07, 05:24 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have dreams of either I'm touring someplace or my current bike gets stolen and I'm in a frantic search for it.

The weirdest dream I had about a bike though was one of the touring dreams where everything was too real involving all the senses, unlike most dreams that only involve 1 or 2 senses and certain things are not real in appearance or circumstances. This dream involved touring on some wide paved mountain road descending into a small village early in the morning where I look for a place to eat because I'm hungry. The weather is fair but clear and I can feel the wind on my face and hear birds singing. I park the bike at a small cafe where people were getting their breakfasts, and could smell bacon and hear people talking and plates moving etc. I walk over to order some food at the bar when I notice a woman sitting at a table by herself and she looks oddly familar, but not being sure I decide to go to her table to make sure. Sure enough it's an old school friend I had way back in GRADE SCHOOL, whom I've haven't seen since and never even thought of her, and now she looks to be in her 60's! Weird uhh? But it gets weirder, as we're talking about old times I happen to look down at my hands and they were the hands of someone who was also in their 60's. In other words I had a dream where I was older and taking place at some time in the future. This dream occured about 20 years ago when I was in my 30's.