santiago

Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gastro
1) The color didn't match my helmet

2) The engagement and release was not nearly as quick or definitive as SPD's, even with a significant amount of material shaved off the soles of my Special Ed Pro shoes.

3) Most importantIy, I found them less effective as contact/control points. With all that mushiness (or "float," I guess they call it), they were not nearly as responsive to lateral inputs.
1) You are such a showqueen. BTW, I cleaned my bike after our last discussion of "look smart / ride smart". Also thanks for the house paint colour tips. You definitely have great decorating skills and you shouldn't be ashamed of them.

2) I found I had that problem until the cleats wore down a little. However with 2 seasons of usage I think yours should have worn down enough. My experience is with the Eggbeaters and Candies. Maybe the larger Mallet platform just gets in the way too much.

3) I can understand what you mean here. I ride on top of the bike and rarely lean. I know I should but I'm still developing.

If your Mallets need a new home, I need a beater set of Crank Bros pedals for my hardtail. PM me if you want to get rid of them.