sarcasm meter: jerk mode

Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Squeal like a pig! A stuck Fox RP3!

A stuck pig, that is.

I was out riding and the bike felt funny to me. This is what I saw, a partially stuck shock. Luckily I have a spare. The Fox RP3 is known to get stuck often enough and I know that this happened once before to the previous owner of my bike. From what I've read (and I've read a lot on the matter), I can just swap out the seals and sort of wait for this to happen again or I can send it to Push. Apparently the Push treatment pretty much fixes this. I'm not sure if it's the different seals or the different piston, but something stops this from happening.

Since I have a spare I won't be without a ride while I wait for the shock to come back. Then a buddy of mine told me that he read/heard that there were some bad seals that were floating around and that this was the cause. The bad seals even made it out as part of the rebuild kit.

So, now the debate is whether or not I spring for the Pushed shock or rebuild it with a seal kit and see if it gets stuck again.

Anyone have any experience with the Fox RP3 getting stuck? What did you do to fix it? Did it re-occur?

Pics:

For comparison, this is what it looks like beside the good shock.

Last edited by santiago; 05-15-07 at 09:21 PM.