Old 05-16-07, 02:35 PM
keithnyc

Bikes: Dahon Folder Speed D7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My gosh, Yang, have some empathy........("....which is precisely why I chose to live in San Francisco...."). Believe it or not, some people do not necessarily have 100% personal choice over everything that happens in their life, especially where they end up living. I mean, I would LOVE to choose to live in SF but if I did, I'd be living on the street (well, not really but that's not my point...). Some people don't have the same opportunities afforded to them to make such a choice. Yes, everyone in life has choices, but some people admittedly have been placed in better situations than others and therefore have a better selection of opportunities from which to choose.

I mean, I chose to live in Manhattan (as opposed to say, uhhmmmm Newark, NJ) but the $1.6MM I had for my apartment certainly afforded me the ability to make that choice..... Now you can say that I made good decisions in life that gave me the money to then be able to make that choice, but whose to say I made that money in a way that say, Ghandi would have approved? My parents and teachers gave me a good educational background to make good choices, but what of the person that wasn't born into a structure that provided him with good parents or a good educational system? Yes, they have choices, but they are very different choices than those I had. I had great parents, but suppose I had to choose? And suppose my choices were between Lana Turner and Joan Crawford? Well, I guess I could always write a book about them, but still.......

Last edited by keithnyc; 05-16-07 at 02:46 PM.