View Single Post
Old 05-16-07, 04:50 PM
trackhub

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Sorry it happened to you, zekebobish. But, welcome to bicycling on the roadways of america. Over the years, I have had bottles, (Soda, beer) tossed at me on several occasions. None have connected. Besides bottles, I have been targeted by fast food remains, half empty Dunkin Donuts coffee cups, and cigarette butts. On one occasion, some Harvard graduate student (I'm being humorous, of course) leaned out the window of a passing station wagon, and blasted an air-powered marine horn a few feet from my left ear. Aside from all that, I have had the usual comments telling me to "Get off the F__kin road!", as well as comments regarding my masculinity.

I'm always amazed when people toss left over fast food, or a half-empty coffee cup. Wow! This is indeed one fine country. People can afford to buy the food, and throw at someone they don't like. Amazing!

It's not getting better. Despite all the "Share the road" efforts, and other programs to promote advocacy, it's getting worse. I seem to remember a forum member posting photos of Share the Road signs, with bullet holes in them.

So, is Dutch a difficult language to learn?