Old 05-17-07, 07:58 PM
Stallionforce

Bikes: 05 Norco CRR Team Carbon Dura Ace, 06 Cervelo P2C TT Dura Ace, 88 Olmo Steelie w. Campy Mirage, Cypress CX w. 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nagedzi
Stallionforce, I guess the possibility of crashing is why we wear protective helmets when we race, even in TT's, eh? A time trial is the last place you would expect to crash.

Next major purchase for me is a disc, too. What do you think of the Hed disc, in particular?

You should come up and do the stage race here in the Comox Valley June 23-24. We'll have a 16km TT on the Saturday. Should be good. Also, we have a short Masters TT and a road race the week before.
I'm definitely coming up for your 40km TT in August (I believe). I have a few requests out for a drive up for that stage race. I'd love to do it.

As for the Hed disk, I really like mine. It is really heavy. I was sort of thinking it wasn't worth it at the Race the Ridge TT as it is so hilly. I have seen tests where Hed claims it is more aero than a Zipp disk. I am dubious about that. I think as far as bang for the buck, Hed is really good. I know some local guys who really like the Renn disk as well (which I also think is affordable).

Put it this way, if I had the dough, I'd probably go with a Zipp. But the Hed is super fast too.