Old 05-20-07, 01:49 PM
donrhummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrennie
While this isn't a spoiler thread I figured I would warn other since any discussion of a race in progress seems to get the same response. Did Tinkoff hold their spring training camp at vinokourov's house or something? Every day they are in the early break, late break, attack, attack, attack, these guys just dont say die. I love it. Pavel Brutt is my new hero, he has put out massive efforts day after day in the break and keeps charging.

Is this simply a case of no team leader so lets get as much exposure as we can or do they hope for that off chance that a break might stay and they will see a day in the Maglia Rosa? It just seems like a ton of waisted energy with such a hard race ahead of them. They are still in the flat stages and the guys are going to be toasted.
LOL. Yeah, they've been pretty crazy. I remember Tinkoff himself said that all they wanted was one stage win and that they were gonna go full bore for it. But they seem to have no idea when to go. They just don't have the legs for the early attacks they keep launching, but it is a lot of fun to watch!