View Single Post
Old 05-21-07, 04:46 AM
BAL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Butterthebean
Just received a Selle Anatomica for my new bike build. When I got the thing, it was so loose it was like riding on 2 hammocks. I tightened up the tension bolt several turns with no effect. I've finally got it to the point that there is a good amount of tension on the seat, but the bolt only has about 3 threads left showing. Not much room for any further adjustment. Is this normal?

My real question is, how much tension is normal for these seats. It is still not as taught as a Brooks, not even close, but it doesn't feel too bad. Trouble is, I'm afraid if there is any stretch in the seat in the furture, I don't have any more room for tensioning because the bolt is almost at the end now.

For you guys with this seat, how far did you have to adjust your tension bolt, and how taught did that make the seat???

When I first got mine in March, the tensioning screw had about 1/2 inch of thread remaining. I like the tension at first; but, this was the first tensioned leather saddle I have ever used so I didn't know what may or may not be right. After a few rides I actually relieved some of the tension thinking that would help and it got too loose. Then I started the process of tightening it up until I had it fairly tight with about 3/8 inch of thread remaining. It seems like once I started adjusting the tensioning I lost what seemed like a good long distance saddle. I have put rides of 70 and 75 and 113 miles on this saddle and while it wasn't very painful, there was some discomfort. Be careful with your tension adjustments as it might be difficult to find the "sweet spot".