Old 05-21-07, 06:58 PM
will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrossChain
My students (10 and 11 years old) were leaving yesterday and I was getting the usual hugs and high fives and taking a relatively low stress job for granted. I can't imagine what others undergo in private sector "business" jobs. Will, you seem such a nice, healthy-minded guy to be mired in that world. (Apologies to successful, content, productive business people here and abroad.)
CC-
You guys know about the Daimler Chrysler deal? The German Corporation cut bait and dumped Chrysler on an investment firm. The stress and uncertainty this causes one can only imagine.
My company is in the same industry and in fact DCX is a major customer. The shareholders of my company did not realize a return on investment on par with (for instance) an investment grade bond. Therefore my company is reorganizing and I must deal with it or get the hell out of the way.
That would be the easy way but not necessary a good way I can sleep with for years to come.
Loyalties, obligations, IOU's!
The German Philosopher J.W. Von Goethe said: Finding balance, that is where the art (or skill) is.