Old 05-23-07, 11:53 AM
Mountain_Owl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mlh122
I have those. Well I have the Kenda Connect, and the Bontrager Connection Trail, all 3 are the same pretty much. Knobbies with a center line going out in a V. it's called the "chevron" tread. If you look at the Chevron gas station logo you can see the same pattern. They are Nice on the road and grip well on trails. I used to have hardcore knobbies but they sucked bad on the road, then i got street slicks. Fast as heck but sucked bad on trails. So I got one's like what you posted. It's been 600 miles and they've been great. You could look at Kenda Kross's if you want them to be a little more roady, with the kenda kross's they are likely to be better on the road but might slip more on the trails, you can deflate them a little to get better use of the side knobbies. For me, i went with the ones with a little more knobbies, because a little less road efficiency i can tolerate, sliding down a muddy trail with no control is not my cup of tea.
Hi, mlh122. I was bored earlier today, so I thought I'd weed through my browser history & print out the tires I've been 'looking at'/considering online. I'll apologize in advance, as the list is a bit long. In alphabetical order, they are:

Bontrager Connection
Continental Traffic
IRC Mythos XC
Kenda K-Rad
Kenda Karma DTC XC
Kenda Karma UST
Kenda Komfort
Maxxis Holy Roller
Maxxis Ignitor
Maxxis Knobby
Maxxis M-Tread
Maxxis Maxx Daddy
Michelin All Mountain 60TPI
Michelin Country Trail
Michelin DH Mud 3
Michelin WildGripper Hot S
Panaracer Cinder
Panaracer Fire XC Pro
Performance Forte VersaTrac/K
Performance Topo XC
Specialized 03 Spanky Sport
Specialized 04 Crossroads Armadillo
Specialized Assfault
Specialized Crossroads EX
Tire Pyramid Pro K850
WTB All Terrainasaurus

Comments, suggestions, recommendations welcome & appreciated.

Thank you.