Old 05-23-07, 10:51 PM
Galico
GALICO

Bikes: LOOK 555, SPECIALIZED

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Froze-I appreciate your taking the time to give me such an in depth response. I read in part of this thread about riding through wobble. I live in Salt Lake City and most of my training rides include allot of climbing and the gratifying descents you earn by making the climb. I don't know if I have the guts to let the bike continue to accelerate through a wobble but I may try it-I will forward a few words from Elvis and Major Taylor to you if it doesn't work. These wobbles require a cross wind to fire up, but I have found it does not take much of a cross wind to make the problem occur.
I am a 5'9", 54 year old, 160 pound person so I am fairly average in stature and weight. I may think that some of these frames a just too gossamer but the pro's ride them and I don't think the manufacturers would produce them if they were inherently unstable.
It is interesting to note that you referred to thin tubbed aluminum frames being sometimes problematic. My Specialized has a very large diameter front tube. Other than the wobble, my carbon bike is so soft to ride, it is really comfortable. I have ridden Lotoja (206) miles/day for the last three years. Once on the Aluminum bike and twice on the Carbon bike;my body definitely enjoys the comfort of the carbon in that ride.
It is also interesting to note that I had a Wobble Naught professional fit done on my first Look bike-as far as comfort and the elimination of sore neck and shoulders, numb hands, sore knees and keester that fit was miracle stuff. The Wobble Naught did however wobble. Oh well thanks for listening to my ramblings and again thanks for the advise, I will send you a report of my application of some of your ideas about squeezing the top tube and standing.

Last edited by Galico; 05-23-07 at 11:02 PM.