View Single Post
Old 05-24-07, 09:46 AM
madcap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nooB in Louisiana

hey guys, guess I just decided to stop by, say hi, and show me bikes...

first off...

Trek 4300 24speed, about 6 years old with fresh seat, tires, and grips. I'll probably wind up selling it soon because I don't really need a multispeed around flat south Louisiana and because of the next bike...

Those aren't whitewalls, they're just reflective strips on the sidewalls
-Redline MonoCog 29er (single speed)
-WTB Speed V Pro Gel seat

2 sets of wheels
-Alex rims/Redline hubs with 29x2.3 WTB Exiwolfs (off road), 32/18 gearing - stock wheelset (stock gearing was 32/20)
-Mavic rims/Rockworks hubs with 29x2.35 Schwalbe Big Apples (fat slicks, kevlar reinforced), 32/14 gearing

I just finished putting together the street wheelset and this thing rocks. I've never been happier with a bike. I'm going to start commuting on it soon. The Schwalbe Big Apples are the best thing to happen to the bike. It only takes about 5 minutes to change out the wheels to go to the MTB trails right north of here on weekends. I don't have much use for the 26" Trek at all now.

Look at those fatty slicks...

I've got another bike too, a Torker Card Shark that I have no pictures of currently. It's just like this one below but with black ape hangers on it. Probably the most comfortable bike I have ridden since I put the ape hangers on it. I can pedal it for hours completely relaxed. Like a recliner on wheels...

So my name is Jeremy, I'm 28, and I work as a fleet dispatcher for a barge fleet in downtown Baton Rouge. I live about 20 blocks away from work. I DJ, autocross my cars, and ride my bikes in my spare time. Yah, that's about it.

Last edited by madcap; 05-24-07 at 10:06 AM.