Old 05-24-07, 11:11 AM
Jay Gloab
Bike Dork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by East Hill
Hello Jay, there's a lot of very friendly and helpful people from your area--if you are interested in an older bike (as in steel, with lugs) you might check into the Craigslist for PHL and then ask for opinions in the Classic & Vintage forum.

Welcome to BF!

East Hill
I'm leaning towards buying new, I think. I'll probably get a fitting at an LBS and then buy the bike from them. Maybe someday I'll be into getting an old school lugged steel bike.

Originally Posted by morea
I'd love to try road biking some day. I'm mostly a trail rider, so I don't know too much about it yet either, but this seems like a great place to learn.

I can totally relate to what you said about cycling promoting healthy life changes... I find that cycling makes me crave healthier foods (and, conveniently, more cycling!)

In the mean time, have you tried changing the tires on your mountain bike to semislicks? That might help you to get better speed and distance on the roads, from what I understand.

Welcome aboard!
I haven't changed the tires on my MTB, but I definitely want to do that at some point. After I buy my road bike, I want to convert my MTB into a commuter/tourer.

Thanks both for the warm welcome!