View Single Post
Old 05-24-07, 08:44 PM
nruntsch

Bikes: 2010 Trek Madone 5, 2009 Surly Karate Monkey, 1982 Gitane Tour de France, 1982 Takara Tribute, 2001 Spicer Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which BIKE?!?!?!

I have been looking into getting a full suspension xc/all mountain bike for a couple months. I have it narrowed down to a few bikes. Right now I ride a 2005 Raleigh M80, which is way too heavy and the bottom bracket is screwed. The bikes I am looking at are these: a 2006 Gary Fisher Cake 2 DLX ($1300), a 2005 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 100 Comp Disc ($1400) and a 2007 Cannondale Rush 5 ($1700). I like riding them all a lot, but have had a few issues with each. The Cannondale has Sram shifters, which I am not at all used to and hit whenever I land, causing me to shift down. And it's expensive. The Specialized I really like everything about except I really dislike the fork - Manitou Black Elite. It is quite unresponsive and is either under or over dampened, never right. Also, it only has 100 mm of travel. I really like the Gary Fisher, but the rear shock is hard to adjust, and does not have many good settings. This is my top choice though.

Any input on which one is the best in your opinion? Or any other bikes in the same price range you think I should consider?