Old 04-19-04, 10:02 AM
P. B. Walker
Breaker of Spokes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris L
So I just nipped down to my LBS to get something. ON the ride home there's this cop with a radar-gun monitoring everyone's speed. Of course, he takes a "shot" at me, and then calls out "come on, you can go faster than that!".

I hope that he's the one writing it out the day I get that speeding ticket that I'm framing.
I had almost the same thing happen to me on the way to work a little over a year ago. He was standing on the side of the road with his radar gun checking cars as they went by. It was a slight uphill and a 25 mph zone, so there was no way I was worried about me speeding. He did point the gun at me, but he was nice about it. After he checked my speed, he gave me a thumbs up and said "Pretty good", which was total BS because I was on a loaded mountain bike going uphill... I was probably only going 12 or 13 mph.

I did have another situation near my house at the end of a ride, but this time it was on a down hill. I came around a corner in a 25 mph zone and the cop was parked on the side of the road (basic speed trap). I looked down and saw that I was going 21mph, so I started pedalling to see if I could get close to 25, but by that time the road was leveling out so I couldn't get much more than 21 mph... plus I had to turn right after where the cop was parked so I had to brake right after that.