View Single Post
Old 05-25-07, 11:17 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
amazing hyperbole, joejack.

what makes you say incompetant bicyclistsz use bike lanes? You don't HAVE any bike lanes where you live, correct?

Additionally, vehicular bicyclists can ride in bike lanes, dude. Vehicular cycling includes using bike lanes and on the shoulders of high speed roads. why persist in your dystopian, misleading vision quest?

Competant, vehicular cyclists can use and advocate for bike infrastructure, joe.

Head's method (and yours, apparantly) of dodging in and out of a perfectly acceptable bike lane in front of traffic because of traffic fear, THAT'S borderline incompetance, joe.

Oh, that's right, Joe, you claim you don't HAVE any bike lanes where you ride daily. so your argument about your bike lane use and the supossedly incompetant bicyclists using them is fantastical internet postulations....
Bek, I've explained to you many times, and even once through PM, that I do have bike lanes where I live, just not on my normal commute to work, which is what I most often ride. Please give up on your attempts to make it sound like I'm arguing against something that I have no experience with.

I have never denied that a vehicular cyclist can use a bike lane or a shoulder. I do it plenty when the situation calls for it. I don't default to it though.

Now, would you deny that an incompetent cyclist can ride in a bike lane or shoulder?