need to go out and ride..

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R1, 2014 Redline Conquest Team, 2015 BMC TMR02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abc123
Dchiefransom,

I'm in Davis (the City of Bikes)! I've never heard of Bicycle Garage, I'll check it out. The cypress model that I demoe'd today was $269 I believe, on sale if I remember right. However, it was lower end than the bikes you guys' have recommended.

It seems like the major difference between the two models is the disk brakes, and I'm not really sure why I need them. Seely above posted that it had something to do with tire width. The tires on the bike I rode were the 70'' tires (larger diameter and skinnier than real mountain bike tires). I'm wondering if he (seely) meant that if I wanted to put mountain bike tires onto the bike for mountain biking, I could do that. But to tell you the truth, although I would like to do it chances are I will not be doing much "trail" riding. I would love to get into it, but unfortunately just don't have the time etc. So one size tire would be o.k., I won't be needing to switch them. Does that mean I don't need disc brakes? If it's not that important, I'd rather spend the money on something else.

Thanks for your guys' imput...
Phil
phil.. disc brake is good and it's always a plus. however, unless if you are planning on riding in the rain or riding through some wet mud trails, i don't think you should spend the extra dollars on disc brake. plus disc brake tends to be a bit more heavier and a bit more pricy. for me i think the standard V-brake that is on Giant bikes are very good already! but main thing is.. test ride it and make sure it's the size that is for you. other than that.. have fun.. the Giant Cypress is a very nice bike.

i was going to get that until i test rode the Specialized Sirrus. it's cost a lot more.. but it's much lighter and the ride is unbeliveable. it's perfect for my commute.. just very scared to ride it in the rain.. don't want it to rust on me.