View Single Post
Old 05-26-07, 01:54 PM
freediver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes,

Instructor for 20+ years-PADI,DSAT,SDI. Also Advanced trimix, semi-closed rebreather certified as well as being a freediving instructor. Ratings from IANTD, TDI, YMCA, PFI, PADI, DSAT, SDI.

I bought an xtracycle to get my dive gear on and gave up the technical stuff a few years ago- had kids and it got to be WAY too expensive. Freediving is much more enjoyable, cheaper, and challenging. Since I just have fins/monofin and a gear-bag to drag around, instead of some doubles and stage bottles, a bike works out nicely.

I can't admit to being car free, but I am working on reducing my carbon footprint. Giving up tech-diving, plus riding my kids around as much as possible on my bike, are all part of that.

I own a couple of dive kayaks but haven't tried to hook them up to the bike as of yet. My father-in-law owns a charter/salvage operation in Milwaukee and I go back to work/dive with him on a, somewhat, regular basis if I need to get deeper than my local lakes allow. Another part of the allure of freediving, is that I can jump in a lake, swim all the way around it, and get out 7 hours later without ever needing a boat, or change a tank.

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
xtracycle1.jpg (87.5 KB, 20 views)