Old 05-26-07, 01:56 PM
late

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8874 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicodemus
You filthy tease. I want pics!! And not catalog bs dude. Where's that sweet ride you just invested all your soul in?

Bah, I'm off to hunt for lolcats now...
You will like this. I have my drop bars almost flat. She wanted them that way, but they came out the regular way. We pulled them up, but forgot about the shifting. The wire for the front deraillieur was so tight it couldn't budge. So she had a very short inaugural ride. But... she looks good on it. It fits. That is what I was most worried about. It feels light for a steel bike that can tour; and rolls as smooth as a baby's bottom.
I have walked bikes down my driveway a hundrred times and never had one tugging at my hand like it wanted to break free.

One thing I got wrong was the bottom bracket. When you get the BB right, the legs move straight up and down and look like pistons. I put a really nice 107mm BB on that i had and it was too narrow. Her old bike was perfect, so I need to find out how long that BB is and get another.

I'll call Sis manana and see about borrowing her camera. The bike is already back in the shop, so it will be a while.

She looks perfect on it, and while she hasn't made up her mind yet, I am thrilled.