View Single Post
Old 05-27-07, 12:37 PM
ChuckO

Bikes: '06 Rockhopper disc comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ensure is sort of like a light meal in a can, a liquid breakfast if you will, balanced with protein, carbs, a little fat, and a lot of vitamins. Excellent pick me up for when you don't have time to cook.
Endurox is a muscle recovery supplement that replaces the carbs and amino acids that are broken down in your muscles by rigorous exercise. The idea being to drink the endurox directly after exercising in order to replace these substances before your body breaks down more muscle tissue to replace it on it's own, within the first half hour to an hour after working out.
I started a few days ago by beginning the day with a bottle of the ensure, moving to my regular calisthenic routine, and then bicycling. I take the endurox with me on the ride, drink half at the ten mile point, then the other half at the twenty(the end of the trail). In two workouts in three days I can already see and feel a difference.
Before I was not eating after working out figuring the body would take the fat first, a couple years later(and reading a bunch of articles here and elsewhere) I've come to the conclusion that I figured wrong.
Timing of calorie intake and consuming the proper substances at the proper amount and ratio will hopefully work.