Old 05-30-07, 05:09 AM
arod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Questions on Rockshox Dart 2

Hi
I recently brought a new bike with Rockshox Dart 2 forks. I've just got a few questions in regards to the features of these forks and understanding them. These questions are probably fairly simple!

The lockout key on the top of the right fork I mostly understand. The question I have is when storing the bike for a long period of time, is it better to have the key in one position or another? And can this key be turned in the middle of a riding, or does one have to stop the bike to change ot.

On the top of the left fork, there is a know for preload adjust. What does this actually do? Should I be adjusting this or leaving it how it is? As there a know for this only on 1 fork, how does it adjust for both?

On the bottom of the right fork I have a knob for adjusting rebound. What exactly does this do? Again, should I be adjusting this or leaving it how it is? I pulled at the actual knob of this, and it appear to just be an allen key with a plastic cap. Should this be left permanently on the bike or should I pull this out and just store it with my tools? (it appears it may fall out on rough riding).

On the bottom of the left fork it appears to have the same function for adjusting rebound, minus the allen key and the sticker showing which way to turn. Is this a rebound adjust knob or not?

Thanks for your help