ratebeer
Not obese just overweight

Bikes: Trek 7500fx, Cervelo Soloist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
How do you know it isn't we, the milk drinkers that have seen the light? Usually when an opposing viewpoint is that offensive, it indicates that the offendee doesn't have much faith in their own viewpoint. I likes me milk, sue me.
Honestly, it's a small effect. Some milk here and there won't kill you. If you're a very highly trained athlete or a supermodel (yes Chip, if you want to go to the Ford Modeling Agency from the Assos catalog, listen up!), you're most likely already avoiding milk and milk fat. Infants and kids probably suffer a little more from milk drinking as well. Cow's milk is meant for baby calves which grow at rates far greater than humans. The non-hippie doctors who write baby books as well as my toddler son's pediatrician are cautious about milk and have a bunch to say about it.

Also, if you work in the ice cream or dairy business, milk fat is a huge hazard. In the craft brewing business, I see a lot of overweight guys but they aren't dying of heart attacks. On the other hand, ice cream execs die of heart attacks left and right while they're still very young.

For the rest of us though, it's about personal preference. I of course think milk is disgusting.

Veho difficilis, ago facilis

Last edited by ratebeer; 05-30-07 at 04:38 PM.