Red Rider
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
On my long ride the other day, I sorta stumbled on a new position that was darn comfortable! I got to riding with one arm behind my back, resting on my lower back, if that makes any sense. Rather like the position I've seen Olympic speed skaters use, although I was in no way attempting to mimic them.

Anyway, I found it was rather relaxing and something a bit different for my arm. First one, then the other. I don't think I've ever ridden in this position before. Is it something very common and I've just never seen it, or have I discovered something new? We could call it the DG tuck!
The "DG Tuck" -- that's funny!

I've seen in done in indoor cycling classes. I won't do it b/c it's contraindicated. If the one hand on the handlebars slips, well, ouch.

Never tried it on my Dolce, either. I'm either hammerin' so hard to keep up with the pack that blinking is scary, or attacking a hill in such a way that both hands better be holding on or I'm sunk.

Given what I know of your riding style this mght be just the position for you. I'm thinking Apolo Anton Ohno on wheels.