View Single Post
Old 04-23-04, 11:21 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Here in the USA the only things I found was a clamp made by Minoura and TwoFish that can actually attach to the frame; but the TwoFish device does not clamp down as securely as the Minoura does. I have the TwoFish now but will be getting the Minoura. Another problem with frame clamp cages is finding space to put the clamp and still have clearance for the bottle. I was lucky in that I have quill stem instead of the newer threadless stems, because I was able to attach the bottle cage to the quill stem. There is also a device from Minoura, X-Lab and Profile that allows 2 bottles to be attached to your seat post, but the problem with those is that it may not clear your seat bag! There is also a device from Jet Stream that mounts to aero style bars, but not sure if it works with standard bars, but problem here could be interference with lighting. Or you could get a hydration pack like CamelBack (I have the Rogue because it's the smallest thus less weight on back) and carry 70 ounces or more.