Hipcycler
OCP

Bikes: The kind with two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cromulent
I remember that turn. The whole group slowed down (I have no idea what we slowed down to, but I would venture to say it was something like 18mph - maybe slower depending on where you were in the group) and then got out of the saddle and cranked it up the hill. Maybe it was faster, I don't know. It felt slow. The turn was pretty controlled, but the chaos ensued as everyone had to jump to catch the leaders.

I think that's a really good turn to practice on because it's sharper (I think) than the corners you'll see in the Grafton crit. Plus you can really work on hammering out of the saddle once you're most of the way through the turn.

It was a 45 or 50 minute +1 crit, IIRC. And I didn't pay much attention to my spedometer (it shut itself off before the race and I didn't notice until halfway through) so I don't really have any speeds for you, Hip.

Sounds like you're on the right track!
OK...thanks Crom.
So you guys really had to work up that hill.
I figured that was a make-or-break place in the course. The other areas were simply fast pretty much...nothing too technical it seemed.

I guess I'll need to go back there and just ride it for a set amount of time and count the laps I do.