Old 04-25-04, 08:48 AM
55/Rad
Former Hoarder

Bikes: Seven Axiom, Felt Z1, Dave Moulton Fuso

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Friday afternoon, I was in a hurry coming home from work when I "forgot" that my Trek 5500 was on the roof rack as I pulled into the garage. Yep, you guessed, it didn't clear. Of course, I knew it wouldn't as I've carefully measured it and made a point to take the bike off the car every time before pulling the car in.

You can imagine the horror running through my head as I heard the crashing sound and sat there in the car imagining what had happened to the beautiful carbon frame. I stepped out of the car so mad at myself I wanted to hurl. But I got lucky. The bike sits in the rack without it's front wheel which saved the bars and frame as the saddle took the force of the blow. Outside of a few scratches on the seat rails, all was fine....with the bike.

Now the garage door is another thing. It's a newer lightweight aluminum roll up that was knocked off its track and now has a good 8" crease in the bottom panel. I can replace the panel for about $75 but then I'll have to get the entire door painted. Fortunately, I was able to bend things around enough to get it back on the track and make it functional.

So, tell us a bike related brain-vomit story.

55/Rad