Valpo Hawkeye
Hoosier runner

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Sport Triple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiahh
When you come in here and ask if our sport is for people "not tough enough or determined enough to run", you certainly imply your attitude and judgement.

Before you come in here and denegrate all of us - and make no mistake, your questions do just that, intentionally or not - get your bike and go ride the Hotter than Hell Hundred. Or the MS 150 of your choice. Or the Leadville 100. Or any cyclocross race since you bought a cyclocross bike. I think your tune will change very quickly.
I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else on this forum. You know what they say about opinions though... As for extreme events, I don't think that's a fair comparison. I could throw out the Badwater ultramarathon as an extreme event, but let's face it, I've never run it and neither will 99% of the serious runners out there.

Honestly, I think we would all be better off if more people cycled. I think it's ridiculous that 'Joe Suburban' will jump in his H2 to go to the video store that is a mile away. I think cities should promote cycling initiatives with bike lanes, bike racks, etc. However, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it as a primary form of exercise.