View Single Post
Old 06-11-07, 02:02 PM
nocoins
Philly bike nerd

Bikes: 2003 Fuji Track Bike,Pink Univega, Mixed part BMX, Early 70's Columbia Tandem, Orange and Cream Fixed gear Pursuit bike (Puig), random bikes made from spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HelluvaStella
What are our options? Should we break up into managable (room-sized) groups? Then each group of 2 or 3 or 4 are on the hook to each other for the $, rather than you (sucker!) holding the bag for the whole team. Sorry about the sucker comment, I just had to.

So maybe it'll be like picking which table to eat lunch at in high school. My table will have all the cool kids, and whomever waits till the last minute to line up housing gets stuck with Milhouse and the kid who blows milk bubbles out his nose.
sorry if the last post was short, a client came in and I had to end my computer usage.

Anyway, I kinda figure that I would just put out the word to everyone about what hotels are around with numbers and whatnot and allow people to kind of pair off and make their own reservations. I would love to go in with a few people, but I just cant risk making a big group reservation, last year a few people backed out last minute and I ended up paying for so many unused beds. I am starting school again this August (doctorial program) and I wont have the money to put out if it happens again. So far, not too many people have signed up for the team, so its hard to even gauge who is coming (lots of people usually end up signing up last minute). Anyway, I will try and put out that email this weekend with the list of places, last year we stayed at the Georgian (which was pretty nice) and the year before we stayed at the Tahiti Inn (which was less nice). If the team stays small, I think we could all stay together in the same hotel like years past.

Allowing people to pair themselves up also allows those of us with less money and who don't mind sneaking into a room and sleeping on a floor - to load up their rooms and split the cost making it cheaper, conversely, all the old men (eh hem, 30 year olds) can opt to get a nicer room and pay out for that (if their sore hips need that kind of attention). Anyway, let me know what you think. I am thinking of just starting a new thread so people know what they are looking at... i will do that now.