View Single Post
Old 06-11-07, 02:47 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crtreedude
I am not sure exactly the weight of the tandem, I just remember that number for some reason - who knows, it could be 50. Since I am 185, what is another 10 lbs or so? Mine isn't a MTB though which might explain it - more of a cross. No suspension, no hydralics - not sure that would add up to another 15 lbs though.

I do have heavy parts attached to the Dale but The quoted weight in standard form is around the 34lbs mark. Mine wasn't but then it was originally built from frame up to be an offroader and I have since added Full downhill spec wheels and Forks- then the brakes add a bit to it aswell and I have gone for downhill quality bars etc- Heavy suspension post and hefty saddles. Just wish I could shed the extra weight up hills but then it would a gentle plod down the hills trying to miss the Rocks and ruts that our terrain has.

AND How was the stoker? Hope you showed him enough of your local country side to encourage him into biking and didn't put him off for life.

Spike Milligan